   Re: [xml-dev] Perceived C/B for XML 1.1

John Cowan writes:

 > Eric van der Vlist scripsit:
 >
 > > But then, they'll have derogated from being conservative in what they
 > > send...
 >
 > "Conservative" does not equal "mindlessly reactionary".

This is a point where the original XML WG (I didn't join until after
the 1.0 REC) deserves praise.  Assuming that the Ethiopian XML people
include an XML declaration, their XML 1.1 documents will at least
trigger obvious and properly documented failures in 1.0-only
processors (along the lines of "Fatal: XML version 1.1 not supported")
rather than intermittent, hard-to-track-down bugs and crashes.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, david@megginson.com, http://www.megginson.com/