   Re: [xml-dev] Perceived C/B for XML 1.1

Rick Jelliffe scripsit:

> I think there is middle approach between John Cowan's "It is a question of justice"
> approach and Michael Kay's "This is of marginal value compared to the costs" which
> I certainly understand.

What was a question of justice was to get the "new" scripts into the
XML standard.  Implementation of it by any particular system is a local
question which should be answered according to local needs.  Adding
the new name characters avoids the "usable xor standard" dilemma; adding
the newline conventions avoids the "well-formed xor plaintext" dilemma.

People who do not need XML 1.1 need not worry about it until their business
partners start to send it.  Then they should find plenty of tools available.

--
Not to perambulate              || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    the corridors               || http://www.reutershealth.com