   Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are Dead! Long Live the Browser Wars!

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> http://news.com.com/2100-1040-962605.html?tag=fd_top_3
>
> Looks like another giant may snub XForms.   Y'all
> going after Adobe too?

It's always hard to tell with Adobe, but I wouldn't be surprised if they
supported XForms (at least basic) soon. In fact, I might be surprised if
they don't.

> Also an article with a lot of historical revisionism.
> It would be fascinating to see a press article where
> a major company says, "yeah, we got it all wrong
> to begin with".  Adobe definitely wasn't positioning
> PDF as a forms system eight years ago or adopting
> markup when they were in the Beltway making presentations
> at NIST trying to show why markup was the wrong approach
> for document systems.

I don't think they're positionning PDF as /only/ a forms thing, just
selling the fact that it's there and useful. Acrobat has had some forms
stuff for quite a while, I remember using their FDF vocabulary a few
years ago.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway