   Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are Dead! Long Live the Browser Wars!

Paul:

Yes, almost every data format/store can be abstracted as an XML
view. The question that is yet-to-be-answered is whether these
XML views will be as operationally efficient as SQL based views.

Historically, client-side/persistence-independent view solutions
are good enough when the data set is small enough and concurrency
requirements are minimal. Once performance becomes a major issue,
the 'view' becomes materialized or gets tied to the storage format,
once performance becomes a major issue.

It remains to be seen whether there will be an 'XML view'
technology which is efficient without tying itself to a certain
storage format.

regards,
Anupam Singh