   Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1 and other specs

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 12:13, John Cowan wrote:
> Eric van der Vlist scripsit:
>
> > Is there any plan to ask (or kindly suggest) to these working groups to
> > publish new releases of their specs?
>
> Indeed there is.  What other WGs do, of course, is up to them.

That's what I feared...

Is there a risk of "cascading migrations" like we have with bad
software?

I mean for instance will I have to upgrade to XPath 2.0 with its static
types and buy W3C XML Schema to apply a stylesheet on a document from an
Ethiopian friend in two years time or will XPath 1.0 have been upgraded
as well?

Eric (liking cascades when applied to stylesheets better than when
applied to migrations)
--
Did you know it? Python has now a Relax NG (partial) implementation.
                                          http://advogato.org/proj/xvif/