   RE: RE: [xml-dev] XDocs and XForms?

For comparison/research, here's some eWeek coverage of XForms:

.micah

-----Original Message-----
From: Dare Obasanjo [mailto:dareo@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 11:50 AM
To: Mike Champion; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: RE: [xml-dev] XDocs and XForms?

I had no idea they were supposed to. Forgive me but I was not aware that
there was supposed to be a linkage between XDocs and XForms.

> I'm wondering what differentiates XDocs and XForms in terms of
requirements, usage scenarios, functionality, etc.

I'll try to have an answer to this question in next month's Extreme XML.

> I'm also wondering why XForms is part of Office rather than IE.

I assume you meant XDocs and not XForms since I haven't seen any
announcement of XForms support in Office. XDocs is an Office application
that grew out of what was once NetDocs. Again eWeek covered this in

PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
People who emphatically protest that they are putting all their cards on
the table usually put them all face down.

rights.