   Re: [xml-dev] What is XML For?

XMl is a way for  applications to exchange datastructures, it is this
simple.

see http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/tcroll/webdesign/index.htm

Just as I am serialising my concept data into a series of words,
applications can serialise their datastructures into XML, as I write and
mail this, applications can send their XML string and parse them in and get
a datastructure the same as the one the sending application started with.

People are different as we all construct our understanding upon that which
we already know, but, you never know, one day applications may be doing the
same thing and XML is one simple and effective way of transmitting an
application's data structure.

regards Trevor Croll