   Re: [xml-dev] What is XML For?

tblanchard@mac.com scripsit:

> If I opt to use XML for the file format - that sorts of tools can I get
> for emitting the xml?   I'm quite aware of parsers (you might note that
> I did the ObjectiveC wrapper for expat that many Mac programmers use).
> What is the usual emitter strategy?  Is it custom code all the time?
> Are there libraries that bridge the gap? (point me to java stuff if you
> like)

Most DOM implementations serializers of some sort; XOM (and JDOM too, IIRC) have
have Serializer classes, and for SAX there is XMLWriter, which does not relieve
you of writing code, but does ensure than an exception will be thrown if
you stuff up.

--
He made the Legislature meet at one-horse       John Cowan
tank-towns out in the alfalfa belt, so that     jcowan@reutershealth.com