   A kind request. Urgent

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: A kind request. Urgent
  • From: "Leela Arumugavelayutham" <leela.arumug@wipro.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:25:25 +0530

Hi,
 If I write some invalid dtd to a particular xml document, the browser is
not giving the error invalid document.
The xml document is as follows :
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!DOCTYPE family [
  <!ELEMENT parent (#PCDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT child (#PCDATA)>
]>

<family>
vafhsdfhsdh
<parent>Judy</parent>
<parent>Layard</parent>
<child>Jennifer</child>
<child>Brendan</child>
</family>

But if I write some internal entity, it is accepting it.
It is very urgent. I hope I will get a solution from you as soon as possible.
I checked it with IE5.5
Thanks in advance,
Leela.A

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.