   Re: [xml-dev] A kind request. Urgent

Hey:

i tested it.  The issue was that there was in the external DTD, standalone attributes are not allowed.  Remove it and your program should run just fine.

DTD

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <!ELEMENT parent (#PCDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT child (#PCDATA)>

XML

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!DOCTYPE family SYSTEM "fam.dtd">
<family>
vafhsdfhsdh
<parent>Judy</parent>
<parent>Layard</parent>
<child>Jennifer</child>
<child>Brendan</child>
</family>

One,

Leela Arumugavelayutham <leela.arumug@wipro.com> wrote:

Hi,
If I write some invalid dtd to a particular xml document, the browser is
not giving the error invalid document.
The xml document is as follows :

]>

vafhsdfhsdh
Judy
Layard
Jennifer
Brendan

But if I write some internal entity, it is accepting it.
It is very urgent. I hope I will get a solution from you as soon as possible.
I checked it with IE5.5
Thanks in advance,
Leela.A

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.