   Re: [xml-dev] We need SAX features to say a parser supports XML 1.1

Eric van der Vlist scripsit:

> XML 1.0 says:
>
> "Since future versions are not ruled out, this construct is provided as
> a means to allow the possibility of automatic version recognition,
> should it become necessary."

That means that looking at the version number is sufficient to say
what the version is.  Since XML 1.1 must declare the version, anything
that doesn't declare the version is 1.0 by default.  There is no such thing as
a document that is both WF 1.0 and WF 1.1 (though the great bulk of
documents can be trivially converted by just changing the version
declaration).

--
Evolutionary psychology is the theory           John Cowan
that men are nothing but horn-dogs,             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan