   XML cf XML Infoset

In a message dated 27/10/2002 14:04:01 GMT Standard Time, mc@xegesis.org writes:

I guess I wouldn't want to distinguish "XML" from "a representation of
the XML Infoset" however, but that's another perma-thread.

Mike,
<perma_thread>
That relationship underlies my concern re the use of the term "element" in XQuery and related specs. The spec documents slide between the formal definition of an "element node" in the Data Model spec through various references to "elements" when what is meant are element nodes.

So what in today's XML is an "element"?
</perma_thread>
Andrew Watt