   Re: [xml-dev] Documenting XSLT (Was: Note from the Troll)

Hi David,

>> A documentation element (or a documentation namespace, which I'd
>> prefer)
>
> not sure how you'd see a documentation namespace working, you mean
> that any element in the specified namespace would be ignored by the
> stylesheet?

Yep. It would work in the same way as extension namespaces, so you'd
list prefixes that were classed as documentation namespaces, and the
processor would just ignore them.

> Given that you'd presumably fill up the wrapper element with docbook
> or xhtml or something, I'm not sure having a method of declaring
> documentation (as opposed to extension) namespaces would really be
> extra functionality over an xsl:documentation element would it? But
> perhaps you have a use in mind...

Only that it's less tedious to say that 'html' is a prefix for a
documentation namespace and write:

than it is to have to write:

  <xsl:documentation>
  </xsl:documentation>