   Re: [xml-dev] Character Entities: An XML Core WG View

At 03:25 PM 11/1/2002 +0000, Richard Tobin wrote:
>   When we have asked why, we have received
>various different answers, some of which are based on factual
>misunderstandings, such as that entities can't be used with Schemas.

There's no factual misunderstanding about that -- Schemas do not support
entities, you must use at least an internal DTD subset to support them.
That's NOT schemas supporting entities, that's "we now have to use two
technologies to get done what we used to with one, since we've been
'encouraged' to use schemas in any new technologies developed."

Schemas dropped the ball, it would be nice to get it back in play.

Ann
-----
Ann Navarro, WebGeek, Inc.
http://www.webgeek.com