   RE: [xml-dev] XML/RDF

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 19:42, Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> Articles like this go a long way towards convincing me that the RDF folks are very determined to prevent people from actually using their technology or the Semantic Web. ;)

I don't think that the purpose of this article was to be a propaganda or
marketing kind of thing and I find that it does give a very accurate
view of the restrictions of the RDF syntax together with practical and
easy  guidelines to create XML vocabularies which can be processed with
RDF tools.

The authors do not pretend that every XML document can fit into this
mold, but I can see a wide range of XML vocabularies (especially those
which serialize graphs of objects) for which RDF is an interesting
alternative to raw XML IMO.

In other words, the XML syntax for RDF may be the target of our
criticism but this article which shows clearly its limitations deserves
our respect :-) ...

Eric

--
See you in Baltimore.