   Re: [xml-dev] is XML complete?

In a message dated 06/11/2002 19:45:13 GMT Standard Time, jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com writes:

I agree.

Fortunately, XSL, XPath, and XQuery use the same data model now. I'm very
happy with the changes that will show up in the next round of publication,
which make the document simpler and more readable. This model is quite
similar to the XPath 1.0 data model, with types added.

Jonathan,

I look forward to seeing that next version of the multi-document edition of XQuery/XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0. I know you can't say "when" but is it close?

I guess we are moving to an XML world with approximately two data models:
1. DOM in the browser for SVG, XHTML etc
2. XQuery/XPath/XSLT/Infoset/AABSABI for the rest

Is that approximately how you see it?

Andrew Watt