   Re: [xml-dev] XML IDE on Linux

Dear Rob,

> I investigated the oXygen evaluation on windows yesterday. It's XPath
> tool told me that // is not a valid XPath expression! It told me the
> same thing for expressions such as string(/root) !

That is because what is expected there is a Location Path [1] and both //
and string(/root) are not Location Paths. You can try //. and it will work.
This is used to determine a node set and to allow the user to navigate
easily through the results, as the hits are shown in the results panel and
cliking on a hit will select the node content in the editor, double-clicking
will move the cursor in the editor.
I admit we could label that beter. Support for expressions is planed for
next release.

> I couldn't find any multi stylesheet support in the transformation setup
> dialog.

This is a nice addition we can easily include in the next release. Thanks!

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#location-paths

All the best,
 George
George Cristian Bina mailto:george@sync.ro
COO - sync.ro
Phone  +40-(0)251-461480, +40-(0)251-461481
Fax       +40-(0)251-461482
Mobile +40-(0)723-224067
SyncRO Soft srl, Bd N. Titulescu 170, Craiova, 1100 - Romania
http://www.sync.ro
<oXygen/> XML Editor - http://www.oxygenxml.com/