   Re: [xml-dev] Embedding html in XML

On 13 Nov 2002 at 15:11, Kristopher Kleva wrote:

> 	if I need to include some text formatting inside XML elements.  What's the
> best what to do it.  I'm using the MSXML parser and it seems to be ignoring
> any html within the XML.
>
> EXAMPLE
>
> <someXMLdata><font class="header">T</font>he first letter is
> bold</someXMLdata>
> <someXMLdata><font class="header">The whole sentence is
> bold</font></someXMLdata>
> <someXMLdata><p>The whole sentence is it's own paragraph</p></someXMLdata>
>
> When I parse the file and display it, it takes out the embedded html text to
> format the text . Is this normal?

How do you know the html elements are being removed? Are you doing the
parsing on the command line? If what you mean is that you're viewing
the document in Internet Explorer and you're not getting the desired
font effects, the problem is simply that the HTML elements are *not
recognized as HTML* because they are within an XML document.

Do you have any sort of a stylesheet? If you want to display a nicely
formatted document in a browser, you're going to need at least CSS, and
probably XSLT.

--
Matt Gushee