   RE: [xml-dev] Does WTSIWYG make simplicity moot?

On 13 Nov 2002 at 12:36, Jeff Lowery wrote:

> But, as you say, the debate is de facto lost anyhow.  Far be it from the
> likes of me to criticize a Recommendation authored by the perfectly enmeshed
> (enmashed?) intellects of close to 40 people, some of whom may have been
> subtly influenced by the syntax of a certain company's proprietary language.

If you mean VML, hasn't SVG existed longer? I have no idea what
happened behind closed doors before the two languages appeared in
public, but it seems to me I had heard of SVG by about 1998,
whereas VML appeared with Windows 2000 or Office 2000. Or am I
confused/ignorant?

--
Matt Gushee