   RE: [xml-dev] Embedding html in XML

I'm surprised because to adequately style "raw" XML with CSS, you'll need
really good CSS support in the browser. And this is something where Internet
Explorer is really weak compared to Mozilla.

> Correct me if I'm wrong..., but if you use HTML don't you have to use it
> on individual items?  Where as, if you use CSS you can take a whole
> group, say the <paragraph> element, and make everything within that
> element, for example, "bold", rather than go through each paragraph and
> put <b> </b> tags around it.

OK, you'd *still* use CSS to *style* the HTML display. But did you ever try
to format XML as a table just using CSS with Internet Explorer?

> Or maybe, it's just because I don't think .NET allows you to do it the
> way he wanted to do it with HTML using XML.  I've don't remember seeing
> But maybe I missed it.

You seem to talk about combining "raw" XML with HTML elements. I fail to see
how .NET would make that easier or harder -- in the end, it's just a runtime
environment and some standard classes for XML manipulation. Am I missing
something?

Julian