   Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft on XML

Pam,

It would be interesting to know if Microsoft in their recent version of
Office (Office XP ) provides tools for conversion to/from XML.

Nada Reinprecht
Information Services: Better Solutions for a Better Market
03 96488748

                    "Empowering
                    You"                 To:     <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
                    <pam@empoweri        cc:
                    ngyou.com>           Subject:     [xml-dev] Microsoft on XML

                    14/11/2002
                    01:57 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    pam

I thought you all would be interested in part of an email letter about XML
from Steve Ballmer of Microsoft.

"...  Today we recognize that our decisions have an impact on many other
technology companies. We have an important leadership role to play in our
industry, and we must play by new rules - both legally and as determined by
industry trends. (new paragraph) For example, we recognize that we need to
support industry cooperation in new and creative ways, as we're doing in
the development of standards based on eXtensible Markup Language, or XML.
The entire industry has embraced XML as the universal way for computers to
talk to each other in a much richer way across the World Wide Web. Today
companies like Microsoft and IBM collaborate on enhancing XML-based
standards while at the same time competing to make innovative, easy-to-use
software that helps customers take advantage of the power of XML.  ..."

I signed up for the "occasional emails from me [Steve Ballmer], Bill Gates
and other Microsoft executives on important technology and public-policy
topics". (No I don't know where to go to sign up for the e-mails.)  Posting
this snippit was for informational purposes ABOUT XML only.  I do NOT
intend to start a huge dialog about Microsoft, their marketing, and whether
they are telling the truth or not.  If you want to see the whole letter
then email me off-list in the next day and I'll forward a copy to you.  The
part I copied is the only part dealing with XML.

Pam Ammond

Empowering You!

website: http://www.empoweringyou.com

Please check out the "Wow! Look At Windows XP" book I wrote at
http://www.windowsxpbook.com

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you have received this document in error, please delete the email and notify me by return email or by phoning the NEMMCO Helpdesk on 1300 300 295.