   RE: [xml-dev] XML/RDF

RDF is NOT about machine inferencing?  Wow.

It isn't the inference of course; it is the action
taken on the inference that counts. One
can hide a lot of shenanigans in there by
claiming to ignore or abjure responsibility
for the output of a program; yet taking action
on bad output and later claiming, "well we
just didn't have our facts straight".

We can live without the air scrubbers on
the power and steel mills, without the convertors
on our cars, without the rubber bumpers on the
highway medians, and so forth.  In fact, we did.
It's uglier.

Anyway, for the small numbers of applications to
which RDF is put today, there isn't much to worry
about, and the Semantic Web, so far, is still a
pipe dream.

What Me Worry?

len