   RDF was a bully (was Re: [xml-dev] RDF and the new releases)

>>the solution is simple: don't use
> it. Don't use it. Don't study it, look at it, listen about it, work with
it,
> sleep with it, or generally go out and dance late at night with it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would have been neutral about RDF if it
hadn't been forced on us in the context of RSS. From that point I saw it not
as technology, but a religious cause, certainly one that I wanted nothing to
do with. But it wasn't offered as a choice Shelley, it was rammed down our
throats.

Reading your last paragraph, it would have been good if the RDF advocates
had recognized the work that had gone into RSS before they tried to hijack
it. To this day they don't recognize it. Look at the design of RSS 1.0 and
how disrespectfully it treats 0.91, which to this day dwarves its installed
base.

If RDF wants to be considered, it should make a thoughtful proposal -- not
be the bull in a china shop that it has been.

Dave