   Re: [xml-dev] RDF was a bully (was Re: [xml-dev] RDF and the new release

Dave Winer scripsit:

> Reading your last paragraph, it would have been good if the RDF advocates
> had recognized the work that had gone into RSS before they tried to hijack
> it. To this day they don't recognize it. Look at the design of RSS 1.0 and
> how disrespectfully it treats 0.91, which to this day dwarves its installed
> base.

One could equally well say that RSS 0.91 hijacks the RDF-compliant RSS 0.9.
A plague o' both your houses.  My company supports both.

> If RDF wants to be considered, it should make a thoughtful proposal -- not
> be the bull in a china shop that it has been.

Standards have neither wants, nor proposals, nor rudeness.

--
A poetical purist named Cowan           [that's me: jcowan@reutershealth.com]
Once put the rest of us dowan.          [on xml-dev]