   RE: [xml-dev] The truth about standards...

One of the best articles about standards I've seen is the one by James
Gosling at

  http://java.sun.com/people/jag/StandardsPhases/index.html

It is quite interesting to watch history repeat itself in the W3C.
Especially with regards to standards being vehicles of experimention and
research instead of agreeing on proven techniques.

PS: Reading the linked Zeldman.com article I couldn't help but be
puzzled by "XHTML 1.0 brought consistent rules to traditional web markup
and helped it play well with XML applications. These standards made
sense because they solved real problems.". In hindsight, are there
people who truly believe XHTML 1.0 solved any real problems besides
making HTML buzzword compliant? Honest question not flamebait.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Nature is a mother.

rights.