   Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft-phobia and the non-future of XHTML x.x [LONG]

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 08:03:57AM -0500, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
> >   Bullshit if I may.
>

> Daniel,
> When I composed my post I anticipated that I would get abuse from some
> open-source enthusiasts. I think you proved that my anticipation was correct.

  It's SOOOO EASY to post blatantly flamable opinions in order to get
feedback, sometime valuable, or cash (sensational journalism like you
find close to the cash line in supermarket). It's cheap, costs 0 to
produce and may sell ... Except I don't need it on xml-dev, thank you !
You have been over-using this technique lately, I would appreciate if
you could refrain, that would avoid me from over-reacting and save time
for productive work ... If xml-dev noise to ration continues to go down
I will simply unsubscribe, period, feel free to abuse it but don't expect
any good from it.

> That's why > I switched to Linux way way back in 92.
>
> What did you switch from? And why?

  Windows 3.1, SunOS, OSF/1 (for which I had source access), and SCO...
why: I told you I am an engineer. To be a good engineer you need reliable
     tools you can sharpen when needed and keep control of. The other
     environments didn't let me exercise my engineering work the way I
     wanted, I ditched them as soon as possible.

> > I have developped an lot of free code in my life, not not by Microsoft
> > phobia,
>
> So, what are your feelings about Microsoft? Love? Or resentment or anger?
> Detached technical doubts only? Genuine question.

  I don't use their tools, I want source and control. My main problem
with Microsoft (like IBM, Apple, etc...) are patents which get in my
way when I want to implement software. I also dislike overuse of
proprietary formats or interfaces, but that is also mostly a problem
of the users, if the majority don't care about being able to read their
data independantly of their technology provider, well they sounds like
lemmings... The technology provider is not really the one to blame :-)

> If you take care to read my post I didn't claim that Microsoft-phobia and
> Microsoft-paranoia were the only incentives.
>
> Did I?

  reread the part of your post I quoted, it was deliberately inflamatory
in that sense, yes.

Daniel