   RE: [xml-dev] Namespace URI question

> Err, that's not consistent from browser to browser.

Well, maybe I'm not actually _on_ the clue train, but with luck somewhere
near the ticket counter.

> Also, the namespace URI isn't required to
> reference a
> resolvable document, it's just an identifier.  You're suggesting that
> the URI
> here is resolvable to the actual XML schema document.

No. What I meant to suggest was that the deprecation of relative URI
_strings_ for namespace identifiers might, for similar reasons, be
considered to encompass absolute URIs with localhost at the base. But I now
admit that I'm none too familiar with the arguments leading up to the
deprecation of relative namespace URI strings, so it is fair to say that it
was a wild ass speculation on my part.

And now look: the Namespace URI permathread has started up again.

Maybe I'll take a boat.