   Re: [xml-dev] Internal entities removed from XML?

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 06:16:34AM -0800, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> Mike,
>   We have a bug which caused the behavior Doug Ransom saw. Please do not treat a bug in one of our implementations of an XML parser as indicative of any imagined Microsoft position towards the W3C XML 1.0 recommendation.

   And what about the XmlTextReader.Normalization Property which
default to false and explicitely violates the XML Recommendation
sections on character entity references, end of line normalization
and attribute value normalization ? Unless my version of the ECMA
doc have been tweaked this sounds indicative of a Microsoft position
against the W3C XML 1.0 recommendation.
   Do you plan to get 1/ the implementations fixed 2/ the ECMA spec
updated in upcoming revisions to become conformant to the XML 1.0
Recommendation ?
   The text 'As a result, character entities, such as " &#0",
are allowed' doesn't seems to indicate that as a bug but as a property
of the parser.

  Sorry for being dense on this issue but I would like some kind
of answer on this if you can provide one.

Daniel