   RE: [xml-dev] Internal entities removed from XML?

  • To: "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Internal entities removed from XML?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:17:25 -0800

Yes, extra steps are needed to parse entities. The following code shows the two extra lines of code needed to enable entity expanding in the DOM

using System;
using System.Xml;

public class EntitiesTest
{

   public static void Main() {

     XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();

#if ENTITY_HANDLING
     XmlValidatingReader vr = new XmlValidatingReader(new XmlTextReader("entities.xml"));
     vr.ValidationType = ValidationType.None;
     doc.Load(vr);
#else
     doc.Load("entities.xml");
#endif

     Console.WriteLine(doc.OuterXml);
  }
}

I remember asking about this a while ago and the answer  was related to last minute code changes for perf reasons.