   Re: [xml-dev] Internal entities removed from XML?

Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> I have an interesting experience with the supposed cost of parsing to
> relate: this only happened a couple of weeks ago.

Another one - I was struggling with a slooooooooooooooooow parsing
process in a Java environment and turned on the profiler, which told me
that the consumer code was monocasing essentially all of the input text
for some reason or another; 90% of the entire application time was
vanishing down the Java monocasing rat-hole (monocasing is Unicode is
*hard* not to mention generally wrong).  So I am being charitable and
assuming the web services people actually do have some data to back up
their performance claims as regards entity processing. -Tim