   RE: [xml-dev] XSLT for desktop applications

I can't think of any way the .NET framework supports his scenario besides what you outlined below. It seems like a very odd thing to require that a native GUI application be built with XSLT, like asking that a web page be built with C++.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: bryan [mailto:bry@itnisk.com]
	Sent: Mon 1/13/2003 12:29 AM
	To: 'Kanchana D S (RBIN/DCA-TSG) *'
	Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XSLT for desktop applications

	[Kanchana D S ]
	> Can XSLT be used for desktop applications? If so, how ? We have the
	>requirement to design the GUI for a desktop application using XSLT. The
	>help
	>for developing non-web based applications (WinForms in the .NET
	>environment)using xslt seems to be very little. That is, is it possible
	>generate the user interface for a WinForms application using XSLT?

	http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/11/NETGUIBliss/default.aspx

	this does not have any XSLT in it as far as I remember but it does show
	the implementation of an xml based GUI language for Windows Forms, the
	only use for xslt in that scenario that I can see would be to generate
	the xml files from some other xml instance.