Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "W. E. Perry" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,"XML DEV" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Adam Bosworth Article - what does "direct access" mean?
- From: "Joshua Allen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:21:06 -0800
- Thread-index: AcK9dl4+iMm/LlNMTCaGpK8uOdbOYQAHXWlA
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] Adam Bosworth Article - what does "direct access" mean?
> Yes, Sean, I fear that you have understood only too well the
I fear you have gone a bit too apocalyptic :-)
The point I took away was that languages like XPath are suited for
handling XML, while languages like Java are not. Therefore, as
programmers find themselves more frequently manipulating XML, they need
to either use XPath/XQuery/XSLT or else get better support in their
language of choice.