   RE: [xml-dev] Facts to Support RAND? was: Re: [xml-dev] more pate nt fun

> You can implement it, yes; you can't change the design
> or adapt the specification.

I can write up a document that says "here's a set of diffs to the PDF spec"
and shop it around to get someone to stamp "standard" on my specification.
Of course, I'm not likely to be successful, but I can do that.  Just as I
can do the same thing with the HTTP spec.

> Java is an even more restricted case.

Because MtView saw it as a weapon to nullify Redmond.  That's why
it's got the entanglements it does.

> So maybe some fundamental Internet
> technologies are better handled as proprietary
> applications?

Sure, except replace "fundamental" with "important" and just don't
expect w3c to handle them.
        /r$