   RE: [xml-dev] XML and ConciseXML

Excuse me, if somebody already pointed this to you.

The XML document below explicitly expresses well-formed (and hopefully valid) response to a call (methodResponse element). It specifically shows that there is one result (param element) and it is of type double, not integer (double element). It also shows that in some situations i might expect more than one result (params element).

Of course, it might turn out that it was returned in XML structure my program does not understand. However, it still has all this additional context information.

The ConciseXML form you show is expressing... umh, for the lack of better word - something. It might be an integer, double, error code, request for authentication, the name of my dog or just plain garbage that came over the transport.

The example you choose is definitely not good. You need to make better example how ConciseXML will represent all the information represented by an XML 1.0 document with less wordiness.

Franci

.

Disclaimer: The text of this message represents the author’s personal opinion and in no way should be considered as official position of author’s employer.