   Re: [xml-dev] Can XML Schemas do this?

> It's not, although by default it is.  To declare child elements as
> unordered, place them in an <interleave> element.

Heh, about an hour after I posted my original post, I came across the
<interleave> node. Bravo to RelaxNG for allowing flexible node ordering.

> a) if order doesn't matter, choose one (because it doesn't matter!)
> b) if order does matter, declare the correct order

I suppose the main reason for wanting/needing unordered (or any-ordered)
elements is if you're receiving XML documents from different sources, be it
applications or users/vendors. It seems to be a serious pain to report back
to them that the document failed validation just because element "B" was
listed before element "A"...

-BKN