   Re: [xml-dev] ConciseXML arguments

Doug Ransom scripsit:

> Most XML editors I have played with have been really annoying --
> editing in some tree/grid type user interface is just not convenient,
> and its too hard to make the start and end tags match.  The auto-insert
> of close tag features some text editors have is much less practical than
> closing an S expression or removing a level of indentdation.

Have you tried Henry S. Thompson's XED editor?  It gives you a textual
view of the XML, forces well-formedness at all times, and has intelligent
expansion so that you don't have to type tags in full.  I find it a blast
for entering XML from scratch.  One irritating limitation is that you
can't edit an existing not-WF document, however; you have to use a
conventional editor to fix the WF errors.

http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xed.html

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.reutershealth.com