   Re: [xml-dev] many-to-many

Simon St.Laurent scripsit:

> I am:
>
> http://simonstl.com/projects/vellum/

So *that's* who you are, eh?  I never woulda guessed it.

> REST gets in the way because far too many people assume that a URI is a
> sufficient description for "what I want" and forget that there's a whole
> world of clarifications to that which don't live in the URI.  It shows
> up throughout the specification world.  See, for instance:

The RESTafarian Way seems to be this:  a URI allows you to specify what
you want a representation of, and other means (your "adjectives") allow
you to specify how you want it.  The nasty part comes when you use URIs
to specify what you are talking about, since "what you are talking about"
is sometimes a subject matter, sometimes a representation thereof.

--
"May the hair on your toes never fall out!"     John Cowan
        --Thorin Oakenshield (to Bilbo)         jcowan@reutershealth.com