   RE: [xml-dev] web services stack

>I would qualify the presence of UDDI -- "free love" on the business
internet is a long way off.  Security doesn't begin to cover trust, and
that's far more important for business transactions.

Do not discount UDDI.  Many organizations are building web services, BEHIND
their firewalls. UDDI is a great way to manage the multitude of web services
created by every little group within an organization, facilitating reuse in
a way unlike anything I have seen or heard of (like a reuse czar or code
librarian without the bodies and politics!).  All it takes is a little
practice to see what wheels already exist, before rewriting them again.  And
of course, that is one of the reasons for a web services model in the first
place.

Owen