From: Jeff Lowery [mailto:Jeff.Lowery@creo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:53 AM
To: 'Xml-Dev'
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] SML: Second Try

It's a mere step away from proposing and adopting a plethora of
alternative syntaxes to having the XML Infoset become the de facto core
and the rest (include XML proper) mere serializations thereof.

If that makes some people unhappy, then the only alternative I see is to
trim the fat out of XML a la XML Core.  And I know that makes other
people unhappy.  I don't see a third path, though.