   RE: [xml-dev] SGML->XML->? (was Re: [xml-dev] SML: Second Try)

Dave asked what the original gang of n would do.
Given that Tim had that one looked over and commented
on by members of the gang, it is still what they
might do in hindsight, or their guess but an educated one.

I'm no lover of namespaces although the idea is neat,
but mostly because the idea of URIEverywhere is kind
of flakey.

One day I am told that URIs are NotAlwaysDerefenceable
then a year later, they are.  So let it roll.

One must keep an open mind if not an open pocketbook.
I was trained to believe that verboseness was of
minimal importance, and for SGML document systems,
that tended to be true.  Now I'm tasked to write
a schema for a messaging system, one that essentially
must replicate an existing
VeryLargeSystemWithMegaNumbersOfMessageTypes
and am told to acronymize the tag names down
to three-character names because "size matters much".

Ok.  No Size Fits All but at least I'm not trying
to explain XML profiles to them too.

len