   Re: [xml-dev] Elliotte Rusty Harold on Web Services

On Monday 10 February 2003 15:21, John Cowan wrote:
> Alaric B. Snell scripsit:
> > I'm concerned that people think it's normal for protocols, languages, and
> > so on to be used for things they were never designed for.
> >
> > Because it will only be by luck or by hacks that it will be as good as
> > those tasks as things that were *designed* for them.
>
> Call it luck or hacks if you will, but generalized solutions consistently
> have specialized ones for lunch.

That's not what I'm arguing against - I'm arguing against specialized
solutions being hacked into generalized ones.

Much rather design them to be general in the first case.

"Practical extraction and reporting language" - no more!

"HyperText Transfer Protocol" -  no more!

"Simple Object Access Protocol" - no more!

ABS

--
A city is like a large, complex, rabbit
 - ARP