   RE: [xml-dev] Microsoft XMLReader

>There is XML PULL, which has a few implementations to date, but none
>layered over SAX, AFAIK.

If you want to implement a "pull" parser as a layer on a "push" parser (like
SAX), you have to use a separate thread.
It seems to be a huge overhead to use an additional thread for every parser
instance, but it doesn't have to be. It depends on implementation of threads
in the language (as far as I know, Java is really good at this).
Moreover, in many cases it can be very benefitial to use another thread.
That thread does not have to be lazy and wait for a user applicatin to
"pull". Instead, it can eagerly parse the document and cache some results in
memory.

>> I am thinking about releasing my solution, but I am worried if someone
>> else has already done it before.
>
>An Open Source implementation of XMLReader would be very welcome.

Great. I would love to 'contribute'. What is the best way to do this? Should
I just publish the solution on my web site or maybe send it over to some
Open Source organization...???

THANKS.