   Re: [xml-dev] New tool for handling XML in Java

In a message dated 13/02/2003 12:29:28 GMT Standard Time, sean.mcgrath@propylon.com writes:

I'm pretty confidence that those of us who see XML as markup - as
*documents* - are
in a minority. Such is life. But we were the minority who worked on
creating the
freaking think in the first place.

"Freaking think" ... Interesting term. Is that the W3C analogy to "double think" in George Orwell's 1984? ... Or was it just a Freudian slop? <grin/>

Sigh. XML is ceasing to be a technology with which I feel familiar or drawn to.

It's old age creeping up on you Sean. And in Internet Time too.

But XML today certainly isn't what I anticipated by the phrase "SGML on the Web".

Andrew Watt
XHTML 2.0 - the World Wide Web Consortium leading the Web to its full potential ... to implement yesterday's technology tomorrow