   Re: [xml-dev] Must databinding imply tight coupling? (was Re: Newtool f

Andrew Dubinsky wrote:

> Forgive the ignorance, does that little \ at the end
> indicate the code will continue on the next line?

Yep.

Anyway, Ward Cunningham via Jon Udell [1] says it best:

[[[
And here we run into a major disconnect. To the enterprise, scripted
solutions look like one-offs, not strategic systems designed to high
standards of quality and able to evolve along with the business.
What the enterprise folks don't get is that scripted systems can be
engineered to meet these requirements. So they lean toward C++ and
Java, and then rely on powerful integrated development environments,
like Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA, to make fluid refactoring possible.
These tools can work very well. "They're complicated," observes
Ward, "and you have to learn how to work them -- but boy, when you
do, they make those languages start to feel like scripting languages."
]]]

That last bit might well be the quote of year.

Bill de hÓra

[1] http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/02/13/07stratdev_1.html