   Re: [xml-dev] Re: How to redesign W3C XML Schema (Was: Remembering the o

At 09:27 AM 2/17/2003 +0100, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

>But I can realistically *never* expect to implement all the details of XML
>Schema, on which JAXB is sitting, not even at the parser level.
>
>I am not so keen on the idea of supporting Relax NG, Schematron, and all
>that stuff. But a simplification of XML Schema would make quite some
>sense, much in the way of DocBook with its spinoff DocBook Lite.

I agree - we need to have a schema language that is easier to implement for
smaller companies or projects.

In the meantime, for many projects based on Java or .Net, there are other
tools that may help, such as Xerces. And if you need introspection, the
description of the XML Infoset Browser for Java looks intriguing. Does
anyone have experience with this tool?

Jonathan