   Re: [xml-dev] How to redesign W3C XML Schema (Water Contract)

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 15:54, Mike Plusch wrote:
> >> Mike Plusch wrote:
> >> I recommend folks look at Water Contract.
> >> http://www.waterlang.org/water_book_2002/ch05.pdf
> >
> > Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> >If Water Contract is simpler than Schematron, it is only because
> >apples are simpler than oranges.
>
> Actually, Water Contract can use arbitrary expressions (predicate
> calculus)
> written in XML, so it will be extremely difficult (impossible?)
> to find a problem that can not be handled by Water Contract.

Certainly not impossible; write a schema for Turing machines that will
terminate in finite time :-)

But if it's Turing complete then you can honestly say that it can perform any
test that any finite computer could possibly perform (given the information
available to it).

> The set of Water Solutions tackle most (if not all) of the
> issues that are brought up on this mailing list.  It is a major
> innovation that people should consider more seriously rather
> than just try to dismiss it.

Good luck! ;-)

> _Mike

ABS