   Re: [xml-dev] Google as Big Brother

paul@prescod.net (Paul Prescod) writes:
>In the context of Web Services, the two dominant
>models are decentralized indexes (Google and Yahoo) or centralized
>repositories (UDDI registry-in-the-sky).

I think I'm missing something here.

Google feels useful to me because it has created a centralized
repository of information that's normally distributed (scattered) about.
While Google goes out and collects the information (while UDDI has a
registration process), I still see it as a centralizing force.  Google
just kind of pulls the information in while UDDI (like Yahoo of old)
requires that users push it in.

It's entirely possible that I've missed your point, however.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!