   RE: [xml-dev] Remembering the original XML vision

> Data fusion is a given in my view so I forget to mention it
> explicitly when I talk about why having XML Everywhere is so
> cool. With most documents on my file system, data in my database,
> web documents and messages on the wire exposable as XML infosets
> in a few years [if the current trend continues] a data head like
> me looks forward to "Unified Query".

Yes, this is cool.

It would be *way cool* if it weren't limited to proprietary
mechanisms; if Unified Query will be able to extend to all platforms.
There's no standard way to access an Infoset.

Word to your marketing:  many will see this as the other shoe being
dropped, bringing back "embrace and extend."
        /r$