-----Original Message-----
From: Cavnar-Johnson, John [mailto:JCavnar-Johnson@sark.com]

I have followed the discussion on the TAG list and here, and I still
fail to see what gets people upset about this.  This specification
defines a particular application of XML and the style of document that
that application uses. As long as it doesn't purport to define a
generalized XML parser, why is it wrong? This application won't accept
all well-formed XML documents, but so what? Must every application that
uses XML accept any XML document?  That just doesn't make sense to me.
What's the danger here?