   RE: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

Ah, OK. I read this a little closer and it does claim to be the XML
parser spec for J2ME.  This is generally a bad idea, because they
explicit require you not to handle things appropriately.  I think I
could tolerate it (given the platform) if it said "don't expect parsers
on these devices to handle these features", but they really seem to be
requiring positive non-conformant behavior.